drum-tec Improvement Inlay for ATV xD-K10
- Special foam: We developed the perfect inlay for you to provide sound absorption, playing feel and durability!
- Soundproofing: Reduce the volume of your bass drum to maximize your level of comfort
- Improved playing feel: Take your xD-K10 to the next level
- Easy installation: Quick replacement in 4 easy steps (no special tools required)
How to install your Improvement Inlay:
- Loosen the screws (you only need your drum key for this) and remove the ring and the mesh head
- Loosen the retaining plate with the slotted screws and remove the complete unit
- Put the new inlay inside
- Place the mesh head and the ring back on your bass drum and tighten the screws
I've been having double-triggering problems with my kick drum from the EXS-5 kit for a while. I changed a couple of beaters, used a real-feel head and a Dot PRO patch - it helped a lot but didn't fix the problem entirely.
Finally, pulled a plug on this super-expensive piece of glorified foam (as I thought) - and it worked!
First, it's not a simple foam - it's much softer to the touch and feels 'wet' (but it isn't) and damp. On the contrary, ATV just uses 'simple foam' - the one I removed from the kick when swapping for this one. This inlay absorbs the impact from the beater better and I can confirm that the feeling and the visual dynamics of the beater hitting the mesh head are closer to acoustic mylar heads but not 100% the same.
Anyway, this is more than enough. It saved me from buying a totally different bass drum (like Diabolo) or a new drum module (to play with mask-time or re-trigger cancel) - neither of those I really needed besides for the fix of that specific retriggering problem.
But, I still think it's overpriced;)