Drumming Kinship Anika Nilles & Claus Hessler Workshop
June 7th - June 9th, 2024
Standort: drum-tec Nord, Goldbinnen 1, 31840 Hess. Oldendorf
From George Lawrence Stone to Joe Morello, Sanford Moeller to Jim Chapin, Joe Morello to Dom Famularo, Alan Dawson to Tony Williams, Gary Chaffee to Vinnie Colaiuta... in the history of drumming, there are some interesting parallels: Many influential drummers also had influential mentors. With Anika and Claus, we have the same connection: Claus as a protege of Jim Chapin and Dom Famularo, and Anika as one of the most renowned drummers of our time. Do you want to know more about what has made Anika the artist she is today? And take a look behind the scenes of their concepts? And find out where these concepts originate? To enrich your own musical path ?
Here's what it's about:
- Spend a day with Anika and Claus in a relaxed atmosphere: It's not about competition, right/wrong, or the like. First-hand information from two capable and internationally recognized teachers/drummers.
- Structured practice and establishing a routine for pad and drum set: What do I REALLY need to take a step forward?
- In-depth hand and foot technique: Basics and advanced strategies/techniques from Moeller to Stone, etc., and their application on the drum set.
- Subdivision studies and groupings: Modern drum set vocabulary for the 21st century.
- Take a look behind the scenes of Anika and Claus: How and what do they practice? What does that mean for me, and how can I apply these insights to my playing?
- Limited number of participants for optimal instruction support
- Duration: 2 1/2 days
- Includes on-site catering
- Workshop in two classrooms (Claus / Anika)
- Practice pads and bass drum pedals are available on-site.