Roland VAD306 drum-tec Edition with TD-27 - The Ultimate V-Drums Acoustic Design Experience
++ Space-saving kit with shallow-depth shells and TD-27 module ++
The VAD306 TD-27 drum-tec Edition is a unique V-Drums Acoustic Design kit, purposefully compact while maintaining the distinctive acoustic aesthetic of the series. The footprint is the same as a mid-level V-Drums set, making it ideal for home use and tight stages. Cutdown shallow shells save space and weight—but from the playing position, they feel instantly familiar to any drummer. Double-braced stands with tom mounts and cymbal boom arms complete the layout and further enhance the acoustic theme. And with its organic, expressive sound, the TD-27 module provides all the acoustic tone and playability you could ask for, whether drumming for yourself at home or out gigging on the local bar circuit.
- Space-saving V-Drums Acoustic Design kit with shallow-depth wood shells and double-braced chrome stands
- TD-27 sound module with expressive and dynamic sound, inherited from the Prismatic Sound Modeling technology of the flagship TD-50
- 12” PDA120LS-BK snare, two 10” PDA100L-BK rack toms, 12” PDA120L-BK rack tom, and 18” KD-180L-BK kick with custom chrome hardware and black wraps
- Cymbal pads include 12” VH-10 V-Hi-Hat, two 12” CY-12C crashes, and 13” CY-13R ride
- Drum in inspiring sound spaces with newly developed PureAcoustic Ambience Technology
- Hands-on interface for quick-and-easy selecting and personalizing drum sounds
- Import your own WAV samples via an SD card
- Stereo mix output and two assignable outputs for sending individual drum sounds to a PA mixer
- Integrated 28-channel USB audio interface for professional computer music production
- Three auxiliary trigger inputs for easy kit expansion
- Onboard Bluetooth for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
Components of the Roland VAD306 TD-27 drum-tec Edition
- Roland TD-27 sound module
- incl. multicore trigger cable
- incl. module holding plate
- incl. manual
- incl. power supply (german power cable (C7), you can find power cables for other countries here)
- SD-Card with drum-tec Live Sound Edition
- 1x Roland PDA-120LS-BK Snare Pad
- 1x Roland PDA-120L-BK Tom Pad
- 2x Roland PDA-100L-BK Tom Pad
- 1x Roland VH-10 Hi-Hat
- 2x Roland CY-12C Crash Cymbals
- 1x Roland CY-13R Ride Cymbal
- 1x Roland KD-180L-BK Bass Drum
- 3x Roland DCS-10 Drum combination stand
- 1x Roland APC-30 All purpose clamp
Larger Pads and a Wider Playing Spread
Acoustic drums are usually bigger than electronic drum pads. The size of each drum adds to the overall experience, not just visually but also in stick feel and physical layout. Which is why the VAD306 TD-27 drum-tec Edition features a 12" snare and floor tom, two 10" rack toms, and an 18" kick, creating a naturally wide playing spread. The shells are made of wood too, enhancing the authentic acoustic feel under the sticks and beater.
The Natural Feel of Acoustic Drums
Roland's legendary multi-ply, tension-adjustable mesh heads contribute significantly to the authentic playing feel, giving you stick rebound that's customizable for your individual playing style. And when you bury the beater into the specially designed kick drum, you physically move air inside the shell, creating air pressure and resistance that feels remarkably like playing an acoustic kick.
Shallow Shells, Deeper Performance
While the shallow-depth tom and kick shells in the VAD306 TD-27 drum-tec Edition kit save space and weight, they don't scrimp on performance. Each drum features custom sensors engineered to provide natural response and premium feel in an amazingly compact size.
Double-Braced Chrome Drum Stands
The way acoustic drums and cymbals are mounted not only projects a classic image -- it also influences the playing feel. The tom pads mount on the same stands used for acoustic toms -- so they feel just right when they're hit. Newly developed thin V-Cymbals also attach to the stands with a special pivot mount, for a natural acoustic-style 'swing' when played. And every stand is double-braced for rock-solid stability, and easily adjusted to suit your preferred layout.
PureAcoustic Ambience Technology
New PureAcoustic Ambience Technology optimises each kit, creating an incredibly natural and immersive sound field when playing. But you can go deeper too, and adjust the mic position on each drum kit, and dial in the overall sound with the newly developed overhead mic simulator. Finally, advanced onboard multi-effects and mixing capabilities give you the power of a full-scale studio console, with transient, parametric EQs, compressors, reverbs, delays, and more at your command.
Powerful Connectivity for Stage and Studio
The VAD306 TD-27 drum-tec Edition delivers fantastic sound for live performance or recording, thanks to a wealth of connectivity options. The TD-27 module features stereo outputs for the overall drum sound, plus two direct outputs for sending kick, snare, and other sounds to an audio console for independent mixing. In the studio, the built-in USB audio interface makes computer music production easy, with up to 28 audio channels available over a single cable. MIDI is also supported via USB and dedicated I/O, allowing you to sync with other MIDI devices and trigger sounds in computer software.
Kit Expansion Made Easy
With the VAD306 TD-27 drum-tec Edition, you're not stuck with a static setup. Using the TD-27 module's three auxiliary trigger inputs, it's easy to add tom and cymbal pads to bolster your arsenal. Or you may go for maximum impact with an imposing double-kick setup. Whatever you're thinking, the auxiliary trigger inputs are the gateway to your ideal drum setup.
Bluetooth Connectivity and Built-In Coaching Tools
Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream audio from a phone or laptop to the module, ideal for jamming with headphones. Play along with favorite music tracks or mix the sound from a YouTube lesson video with the kit. Onboard coach functions develop skills and track your progress, while the advanced metronome helps improve your inner clock. And at any time, you can record your playing and listen back to highlight what you need to work on.