incl. VAT, incl. shipping costs
Delivery time 1-2 days
- Article number: 1007107
Roland TD-17KV - full mesh head v-drum set
The TD-17KV is already fully equipped with mesh heads on both the 12" snare and the toms.
Roland TD-17 Setup as desired:
- You would like to have an additional Cymbal, ...a less Tom,.. a bigger Bass Drum, an other HiHat or a bigger Snare Drum?
- drum-tec enables it to be done.
- We would be pleased to make you an offer of your change request!
- Please inquire!
Components of the Roland TD-17KV:
- TD-17 Drum-Sound Module x 1
- PDX-12 V-Pad (Snare) x 1
- PDX-8 V-Pad (Toms) x 3
- CY-8 V-Cymbal x 2
- CY-5 Hi Hat Cymbal Pad x 1
- FD-9 Hi Hat Controller pedal x 1
- KD-10 Kick Pad x 1
- MDS-Compact Drum Rack x 1
- Without Bass Drum Pedal
Quick Overview of the Roland TD-17 V-Drums series:
- The TD-17 entry level e-drums are succeeding the mega-popular Roland TD-11 drums. And especially the sound module brings the major changes:
- The new TD-17 drum module is based on the sound engine from the Roland TD-50 flagship.
- It integrates brilliant and lively acoustic drum sounds with helpful practice options. TD-17 drummers are even able to use samples to enrich their sound quality.
- A clear and intuitive user interface with bluetooth and USB support that is paired with a stunning sound engine.
- Our verdict: The value for value ratio is off the charts, you absolutely have to check out the TD-17!
There are three different Roland TD-17 e-drum sets, that are mostly different in terms of the pads:
- All three Roland TD-17 sets come with the new TD-17 drum sound module, only the TD-17KL lacks the bluetooth option.
- All three TD-17 versions feature the new KD-10 kick drum with full double bass support.
- All three TD-17 electric drums come with the Roland MDS-4 drum rack, but without a bass drum pedal and seat.
- The least expensive entry level e-drum set is the TD-17KL: It has an 8" mesh head snare and has everything a beginner needs. The set is easily upgraded and extended.
- The TD-17KV is already fully equipped with mesh heads on both the 12" snare and the toms.
- The Roland TD-17KVX is the luxury-version from the TD-17 series and really packs a punch: Alongside the 12" mesh head snare are mesh head toms, two great crash cymbals and a 3-zone ride. This is topped of with the new VH-10 hihat with authentic sensor. The TD-17KVX even has a bigger rack to support all of the components.
Main Features of the Roland TD-17:
- Expressive and dynamic sound inherited from Prismatic Sound modeling technology of the TD-50
- High-speed response with wider dynamic range, high-resolution of tonal changes
- Authentic hi-hat sound with smooth open-to-closed pedal control, and bow/edge tonal detection
- Open and closed rim-shots detected for authentic snare technique
- Bluetooth audio for wirelessly streaming audio from your smartphone to the TD-17 module
- Coach functions support your daily exercise and warm-up routines
- Playback audio files from SD card
- Preset drum kits cover a wide range of music genres, with further sound customization possible
- Ambience control and variation, to emulate venues from small stages to large halls
- Import user samples, assign them to any pad and layer them with internal sounds for deeper customization and creating individual drum sounds
- Compatible with "Melodics for V-Drums" to improve your sense of time
- 2-trigger inputs for additional pads or pedals
- USB port for connecting to your computer for music production
Long overview to the TD-17 series:
The Roland TD-17 series is the latest addition to the acclaimed V-Drums lineup. Combining flagship-level sound with newly developed pads, the TD-17KVX, TD-17KV, and TD-17K-L kits deliver an experience that's authentically close to playing acoustic drums, accurately mirroring the physical movement, stick coordination, and hand/foot control that every drummer needs. They also include integrated access to an array of motivational coaching functions, plus built-in Bluetooth for playing along with songs and video lesson content streamed wirelessly from a smartphone. For home-based players who are serious about taking their drumming to the next level, there's no better choice than a TD-17 series kit.
When using a TD-17 series instrument, drummers can play with the same techniques they'd use on acoustic drums, freely and without compromise. At the heart of each kit is the new TD-17 sound module, which provides a superior drumming experience with advanced Prismatic Sound Modeling inherited from Roland's top-of-the-line TD-50. Its sounds faithfully reproduce the character and tone of acoustic drums, with lightning-fast response time, wide dynamic range, and natural tonal changes that vary depending on where and how hard the pads are played.
The TD-17KVX and TD-17KV kits come with the new PDX-12 snare pad, which features a dual mesh head and large 12-inch playing surface that supports the development of stick control and proper playing techniques. The head tension can be adjusted for satisfying natural rebound, while the height of the snare hoop enables the player to hit open rim shots with a natural stick angle.
The TD-17KVX also includes the new VH-10 V-Hi-Hat, which mounts on an acoustic hi-hat stand and replicates the natural feel and swinging motion of a real hi-hat cymbal. Offering advanced triggering with continuous open/close detection and bow/edge sounds, the VH-10 allows users to execute traditional playing techniques to perfection.
All three kits in the TD-17 series include the new KD-10 kick pad, which combines rock-solid feel with a noise-reducing design that offers quiet operation while playing at home. The KD-10 can be used with any standard kick pedal, and supports dual pedals as well.
The TD-17 module includes 50 ready-to-play kits suitable for any music style, plus a wide range of easy-to-use training functions that encourage skill development and make practice fun and productive. Players can improve their time with various Coach Mode exercises, use the warm-up menu to work through a daily exercise routine, and capture progress with the onboard recorder. And by pairing their smartphone via Bluetooth, they can wirelessly stream audio from songs and video lesson content through the module and play along. The TD-17 also integrates with Melodics for V-Drums, a Windows/Mac software application that offers a growing selection of free drum lessons to develop rhythm, timing, and muscle memory.
Custom Kits & Samples of the free drum-tec Live Sound Edition:
1. Yamaha Recording
Snare Sample Add-on Package:
12. DW Maple Snare
First off, kudos to the way you have organised your website and the way you promote e-drums through those fantastic YouTube clips of Ralf doing his thing. Got me hooked and basically led me to buy this kit without even having tried it in a store near my home in the Netherlands. So far I'm very satisfied. The triggering is very accurate. Sturdy build quality. The only thing I'm worried about breaking - since I move my kit from home to a rehearsal space on a weekly basis - is the connector for the multicable on the module. It looks a bit fragile. For the rest I'm a bit miffed that there's only one extra (stereo) trigger input, since the other extra input is already reserved for the extra cymbal that comes with the KVX version. I'm thinking of using that one extra input with a splitter for a cy-5 splash cymbal plus the drum-tec trigger bar as a dedicated rim click trigger. OK, now for the sounds. Awesome! The on-board sounds are very nice to begin with, but the Live Sound Edition and the Snare Package are very, very good! If you're hesitating which TD-17 to buy, go for the KVX version because of the better cymbals. Also, the smaller MDS Compact rack is perfect for me. All in all I fully expect this drum kit is going to keep me happy for the next ten years! Cheers and thank you for the perfect service, hope to be able to order some more goodies from Drum-tec soon! Best regards, Wouter Engel
"Realsound" vom feinsten. Unglaublich, aber wahr.
Das Roland TD-17 hat meine Erwartungen übertroffen. Was vor Jahren nur für Leute mit einer großen Geldbörse möglich war. Gibt es heute auch für relative wenig Geld, verdammt viel Schlagzeug, mit unglaublichen Sounds und Möglichkeiten. Es mag sein, das andere Marken auch gut sind, aber bei Roland gibt es "Realsound" vom feinsten. Und Qualität hat seinen Preis. Nur falls wieder jemand über zu hohe Preise bei Roland jammert.
Hier einen kleinen Auszug, einer E-Mail an einen Freund. "Nur falls sich der Eine oder Andere wundert, warum die Sets hier nochmals sind obwohl diese schon oben aufgeführt sind:
Habe heute die „drum-tec Live Sound Edition“ von der SD-Karte in das TD-17 geladen. Die ist nur für drum-tec Kunden beim Kauf dabei ist.
Bei den Drum Sounds, zieht es einem die Schuhe aus. Das Team von drum-tec hat sich wirklich sehr große Mühe bei der Erstellung der Drum Sounds gegeben.
Auf der SD-Karte sind insgesamt 20 Drum Sets vorhanden, z. B.: Ludwig, Yamaha, Sonor, Pearl usw. und die gibt, es natürlich in verschiedenen Ausführungen z. B.: DW-Maple, DW-Collector oder Tama-Starphonic, Tama-Starclassic usw.
Die Becken klingen hammermäßig, hier hast Du vom Sound das volle Blech.
Danke an Marcus Berger für 1 A Beratung und Hilfe, bei noch ungeklärten oder offenen Fragen.
Großartig - und Eure Sounds der Hammer
Das TD-17 löste mein TD-11 ab und es liegen tatsächlich nochmal Welten zwischen den beiden Systemen. Ein Riesenschritt nach Vorne. Un das TD-11 ist auch schon toll. Ein besonderes Kompliment möchte ich aber Euren beigelegten Sounds machen. Die Snares kommen da nochmal sehr viel besser als beim Original und machen das TD-17 perfekt. 100% Kaufempfehlung