Roland PDX-12 Dual-Zone E-Drum Pad (new, without original box): Practical size, very quiet and multi-compatible
- Comfortable playing surface: The 12" pad offers you plenty of room for your drumming. It ist an excellent snare pad.
- Very stable rubberized hoop for rim shots like playing an acoustic snare
- Separate head and rim triggering for the reproduction of your performance
- Very quiet inherent noise thanks to open bottom design
- Very dynamic response of the trigger system
- Real head feel: The two-layer Roland Mesh Head resonates like a conventional drumhead and gives you an optimal feel at a compact diameter
- Thanks to its technology simplicity, it is multicompatible with almost all drum modules.
- Comfortable extension of your existing set:The pad can be used as a snare drum, but also as a tom
The Roland PDX-12 E-Drum Pad is universally suitable as a Tom and especially as an E-Snare. The advantage over a PDX-8, for example, lies in its larger surface area and the very stable edge construction. With this pad you play dynamic rimshots ud differentiated figures on the generously sized mesh head.
Thanks to its downward-open design, the pad generates only minimal inherent noise, making it one of the quietest pads available.
It can be installed very well as a larger diameter e-drum pad in an existing e-drum or acoustic drum kit.
The pad is compatible with all Roland sound modules and thanks to its simple technical design it is universally playable with many modules by other manufacturers.
- Very usable as snare, but also universally applicable as tom
- Dual Zone Trigger Technology
- One of the quietest pads available
- 2-ply original Roland Mesh Head
- Sturdy rubberized hoop for rim shots like on an acoustic snare
- 12" diameter
- L-Rod mount for Tama style tom holder
- Compatible with all modules by Roland and almost all other E-Drum modules
Scope of delivery of the Roland PDX-12 E-Drum Pad
- Roland PDX-12 Pad
Comfortable snare pad
The PDX-12 provides you with enough space for your strokes and rolls, beats and flames. It has the dimensions of a small acoustic snare and with its rubberized tension ring at the right height it gives you the possibility to play it like an acoustic snare. Of course, the PDX-12 is also suitable for use as a large tom pad.
Separate detection of head and rim stroke
The pad has a perimeter trigger system that sends your strokes on the rim and head to your module. There, the information is processed. Your module generates the sounds from the corresponding samples.
Very low inherent noise
The Roland PDX-12 has an open structure underneath the 12" mesh head. There is no sound body in which the impact noise of your playing can build up. This simple solution makes the PDX-12 one of the quietest E-Drum Pads available.
Due to its design, the small pad is compatible with almost all E-Drum modules of all manufacturers on the market. So in most cases you don't have to buy new pads when you change the module.
Real head feel:
The two-layer Roland Mesh Head consists of a special fabric with a mixture that generates rebounds like a conventional drum head. The hoop with its 6 screws allows you to tension the Mesh Head exactly the way you need it for your perfect rebound. This is how you achieve the ideal playing feel for you.
Comfortable extension of your existing set or your entry into the world of E-Drum Pads
The pad can be used very well as a snare, but also as a tom and can be integrated into your existing e-drum, acoustic or hybrid set.
|Diameter in inch:||12|
|Trigger zones:||Dual Zone|
Top Snare für mein TD-1 Roland Set
Da ich nur Testhalber, nach 25 Akustik Sets, mir das damals kleine TD-1 Set geholt habe, habe ich das Original 8er Snare Pad nun als Low Tom in Verwendung. Als neues Snare Pad dieses hier: und es rockt 100
mal besser wie das mitgelieferte Snare Pad meines Sets. Die Ansprache ist wesentlich näher an einer Akustik Snare…Fazit: sehr gutes Snare Pad und vorallem bei dem Preis habe ich nix falsch gemacht! Empfehlenswert ?
Das beste 2box Pad......
Das Teil bringt alles auf den Punkt- für "Nicht-Roland"-Module, denn es hat kein Positional Sensing. Ist das ein Trade-off? Ich wage mal zu behaupten, das es das selbst für 97% aller Roländer nicht ist, denn die scheren sich sowieso nicht um PS...... und die, die ein Fremdmodul spielen, juckt es eh nicht.
Ansonsten gibt es nur Vorteile:
- nicht sehr schwer
- Passt super auf einen konventionellen Snareständer, da man die Halterung nach Lösen von 2 Schrauben in der Hand hat und das Pad durch den dickeren Aussenrand sogar im Durchmesser noch etwas größer ist als zB ein PD-125....
- Wenn man die Halterung genau über den Trigger positioniert, hat man quasi ein 2box-Pad
- In dem Fall auch keinerlei Probleme mit dem "Sweetspot", weil man den bei normaler Spielweise einfach nicht merkt- für mich DAS Feature dieses Pads überhaupt, ich hasse diesen mittigen Triggerkegel der normalen Roland-Pads und weiß nicht mal mehr, wieviele Recording-Takes das zufällige Treffen des Kegels schon versaut hat......
- Sowohl Head als auch Rim triggern sehr, sehr gut und sensibel
Beautiful big snare pad, I’d not be the most accurate positioning my drumsticks and the larger area helps me greatly. The pad is certainly up for the job and I’d like to thank Drum Tec for a prompt delivery and of course an excellent service.
Good value for the money
My impressions are quite similar to the previous reviewer. The pad has a very simple design and there is not a lot of material in it, but it feels solid and sits well on a regular snare stand. It feels good to play and triggers accurately with my 2Box Drumit Three. There is a little bit of hot-spotting near the head trigger as you would expect, but because the trigger is just at the edge of the playing area, it's not really a problem with a pad this large. Of course the trade-off is that the pad doesn't support positional sensing, but that's not a problem for me personally since my module doesn't support it either. I think the pad is good value for the money - like the previous reviewer said, it's considerably less expensive than any other 12" pad.
Great value for money.
I was looking for a larger pad for a snare to replace a PDX-8, which has 8" playing surface and an annoying plastic rim inside. PDX-12 has 12" playing surface and the plastic rim is outside, so it looks almost like a 14 inch snare, especially placed on a separate snare stand.
Dynamics and triggering are fine. The actual playable rim is thinner than rubber hoop on PDX-8 and feels better to play.
It doesn't support positional sensing, but neither my module. It's the only large mesh pad in this price point. One would have to pay over twice as much for a Roland PD-125 or a drum-tec diabolo snare.