incl. VAT, incl. shipping costs
Delivery time 1-2 days
- Article number: 1007059
ATV EXS-2 Practical and Compact Set
This compact set not only saves space when installed but also provides realistic drum sounds generated by the incorporated xD3 module. This set is an ideal choice for beginners and experienced players needing a second kit at home.
The ATV EXS series is the second generation of electronic drums from Japanese manufacturer ATV, founded by Roland founder Kakehashi. ATV started with the aD5 e-drum module in 2016 and followed up with the aDrums, an e-drums solution in acoustic look and feel in 2017. Now, in the middle of 2018 they have introduced the new EXS series which features a reduced version of the aD5, the new ATV xD3 sound module.
- The new ATV xD3 module is based on the sound engine of the well-known aD5 module.
- The triggers of all the pads and cymbals from the new EXS series are also based on ATVs established high-end technology - Made in Japan.
- The EXS-3 is a more compact model that features all the essenatli drums and cymbals that you need to play expressively in any sltey.
- This space-saving set is ideal for beginners and those playerws ho need a high-quality second kit at home for practice and recordnig.
- With the xD3 sound module included, you'll have access to a garet variety of richly detailed, realistic instrument sounds that wlli bring you endless hours of playing pleasure.
- ++ more compact ++ easy to transport ++ less expensive ++ classic e-drum design ++ high-tech ++ versatile ++
ATV EXS-2 Entry Level e-drum-set - full mesh head equipped.
- E-Drum Sound Module xD3 black
- 10" Snare Drum Mesh Pad
- 8" Bass Drum Mesh Kick
- 8" Tom Mesh Pad x3
- 12" HiHat Pad
- 12" Crash Cymbal
- 12" Ride Cymbal
- E-Drum Rack System
- without bass drum pedal
- AC Adapter
- Multi Trigger Cable
- Owner's Manual
- Drum Key x1
- Cable Tie x5
- SD Card
* Kick drum pedal and drum throne are not included.
What are the outstanding features of this new series?
- This ATV xD3 drum module based on the high end aD5 drum module
- It comes with just -5 Preset drum kits - but all 5 are fantastic - who need more?
- Many additional high resolution drum sounds can be downloaded from the ATV Sound Store
- 20 Songs (further playable by SD card)
- Metronome, quick record and practice functions
- 6.3 mm stereo trigger input for aux
- Headphone output + 2 Main outputs 6.3 mm mono jack
- Mix in 3.5mm stereo
- SD / SDHC card slot for saving backups and playing WAV files
- USB MIDI interface for direct connection from a Mac or PC
EXS-2 - Lightweight and Compact cymbals
- Compared with our high-end model cymbals that have full circumference sensitivity, the EXS-1 and EXS-2 cymbals have a lightweight, 'sensor zone' design.
- Not only is this cost-effective, it's also practical in situations where the drum set needs to fit inside a smaller area - like a teaching room or home practice space.
- While the cymbal's sensing area is focused on a zone, it responds very expressively to the various ways of striking the edge, bow, and bell (bell sensing on ride cymbal only).
- Pedal-type Hi-Hat Sensor included! For the EXS-1 MK2 and EXS-2 MK2, a standard pedal-type sensor is used to control the open and close functions of the hi-hat.
Pads and Kick of the EXS-2 Newly developed sensor and two-layer drum head
- A two-layer mesh head pad is used for the snare drum, and with the EXS-2
- also for the rack toms and floor tom.
- When played, this pad design ensures that your full dynamic range of strokes is translated into an expressive sound, including those powerful rim shots.
- A kick that supports the groove
- To support your rhythm playing, it's essential that the kick drum combines stability with fast, sensitive triggering.
- Our unique structural design optimizes the pad's balance between damping and sensitivity to provide a rock-solid playing feel and immediate response.
- While the 8"mesh head pad is compact, it feels both comfortable and stable to play.
Features ATV xD3 edrum sound module:
ATV - Designing Realistic Drum Sound
The xD3 sound module enables drummers of all levels to fully express their dynamics and groove. All performers desire the means to support their freedom of expression when playing an incredible sounding instrument - so they can fully experience the dynamic range of a kick drum, the subtle timbres of a snare, and the natural colored resonances of each cymbal. When capturing instrument sounds in the studio, we focused on every detail; mic placement, the position of the drummer's ear, ambient sound that includes room reflections, and imaging - including the positioning of hi-hats on the left and the floor tom on the right of the stereo field; each aspect translates to a sonic detail that combines to support the drummer's realistic sound experience.
Triggering response that elicits the drummer's sense of groove
The most important criterion of great playability is hearing the sound at the instant you strike. For drummers, who unconsciously control their timing in milliseconds, any lag in triggering will impair the groove. Also, identical instruments played by different drummers produce contrasting musical expressions. This is because of subtle differences in 'groove' (rhythmic feel). So for the xD3, we developed a new process that implements high-speed trigger analysis and low-latency sound production, thereby ensuring an unrivalled performance response and feel sensitivity. By means of proprietary technology, uncompressed audio data containing an enormous amount of sonic information sounds at nearly the same instant as the strike, producing a clear expression of a drummer's individual groove and touch.
ATV -EXS Series - Realizing the true dynamic range of drums
Until now, players have had to accept that the dynamic range of electronic drums will frequently 'top out'. While this has allowed almost anyone to play electronic drums and produce a stable sounding performance, it has also exposed the electronic character of the drum set and held players back from achieving the natural, richly varied sounds we associate with acoustic drums. So for the xD3, we developed a new sound engine specifically for drums in order to technically realize a full expression of the complete dynamic range, from delicate pianississimo (ppp) to intense fortississimo (fff). Audio material recorded in the range of ppp through fff is therefore accurately sounded according to the drummer's striking strength. Even when a roll is played, this sound engine reproduces a naturally-connected roll rather than a mere mechanical succession of sounds.
The Cymbal sounds inside the xD3 module:
The xD3's cymbal sounds fully reproduce the natural signatures of resonance and reverberation patterns captured in hi-definition studio recordings of acoustic cymbals. Our approach fundamentally contrasts the conventional use of data-saving DSP processes used in other modules, which add artificial reverberation and utilize synthesis techniques to sequence, loop and attenuate parts of the envelope of a dry recorded sound. Just listen carefully to a cymbal sound generated by the xD3 and you will experience in vivid, natural detail the real reverberation and decay patterns that only acoustic cymbals can produce. This is possible because we record the full decay time (attenuation) of a cymbal's sound in stereo without applying any compression. The xD3 accurately outputs the natural envelope of the cymbal sound as it was played and recorded. Try it and you'll discover how the natural decay and spatial reverberation of our cymbals give you that depth of tone to support subtle playing on slower songs with longer rests and time spaces.
The realism of performing with high-resolution sound
The sound sources built into the xD3 represent modern and vintage instruments in peak condition, tuned perfectly, and played by drummers intimately familiar with their sounds. Instruments are recorded in the best studios using boutique and custom equipment, all sampled using proprietary sampling technology and with expert know-how. Under these ideal conditions, all material is recorded in stereo at high resolution in order to capture every detail of the instrument's natural resonance and spatial qualities. These high-quality instrument sounds are included in the xD3 as uncompressed audio data with minimal adjustments, ensuring the original sounds are not compromised in any way.
Deep inside the ATV xD3 E-Drum module:
Setup functions to optimize performance
- The xD3 can store and recall the setup parameters that have been adjusted to suit the playing style of individual drummers. You can not only adjust the sensitivity of each drum and cymbal sensor to give a desired expressive response and comfortable play feel, but you can also eliminate cross-talk and set up a rim shot sound for the snare drum.
- User setup data files can be stored in the xD3 itself or on an SD card.
- A metronome tool to visualize timing accuracy
- Using the metronome functions of the xD3, you can visually monitor the accuracy of your timing; a real-time judgment that is difficult for many drummers to make when playing. When you play with the metronome function activated, the strength of your strikes and their timings are displayed on the LCD screen.
- Using this tool, you can play through your regular practice routine while objectively analyzing and adjusting your performance. The metronome tone, volume, bpm, beat division, plus a crash cymbal cue to start, can all be selected and adjusted.
- Includes five different high-quality drum kits
- Each drum kit stored in the xD3 is constructed from the hi-definition, richly detailed sound recordings of real acoustic drums and cymbals. When you purchase our product, five contrasting drum kits, reflecting the genres of rock, pop, swing, and metal are included. Try them and you'll experience the mature sounds of vintage cymbals, the vivid tonal colors of snare drums, and the deep resonance of toms. Each sound, including the bass drum, conveys its own sense of spatial distance and room reverberation, thereby giving the player the possibility to truly feel that powerful fortissimo attack; a sensation that convinces you that you are really playing 'the sounds of acoustic drums'. The realism of the xD3 and EXS series experience goes way beyond the limits of conventional sound design approaches based on 'monaural sound sources + reverberation'.
- Song functions for practice and performance
- The xD3 supports your broader musical development by including song functions that allow you to practice and perform over high quality backing tracks composed by professional musicians. Using the song function, you can practice different grooves and rhythms over a great variety of backing tracks covering popular genres such as rock, pop, funk, and jazz. When playing a song you can also use the marker and loop functions to enable you to repeatedly practice any section of the song you set; a great tool when you want to work on weaker parts of your performance.
- A recording function to record and check performances
- It is important for any drummer to be able to listen back objectively to their own performance. To support this need, the xD3 includes a recording function that allows you to record your performance over a backing track and the metronome. Recording can be set up to automatically and simultaneously start with the first stroke of your performance; a useful feature that ensures you can concentrate on performing without having to execute tricky button operations.